Welcome Back to your Alma Mater !
The International Alumni Association of Atlantic International University was established by graduates of the University. Representing graduates from all points of the globe, we provide the means for alumni to stay connected with each other and the University. Alumni with similar interests are able to share ideas and work together All graduates of AIU's programs are eligible for membership, services, and benefits of the Alumni Association.
Keep in touch with us, if you have recently moved or changed phone numbers please let us know. Also, if we have a working e-mail we will be happy to add you to the monthly News Letter. Please let us know by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like many other private colleges or universities, annual giving is the cornerstone of Atlantic International University. This funding reduces the University's dependence on tuition income while trying to keep education affordable for those who seek enlightenment. Our ability to focus on a quality education for our students is made possible in part by the generosity of our alumni, friends, faculty, staff, and trustees. Continued support enables us to provide for the current and future educational needs of our students.
While current tax code encourages the tangible benefits of charitable giving, the intangible rewards are greater. The donor can explore the value of his or her investment in AIU through involvement with students, alumni, faculty, and fellow contributors. To learn more about the various donation methods please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Requirements to get Honors at AIU
At AIU we are very proud of our graduates.
We know that they have worked hard to not only complete a high quality academic program, but also through their efforts and dedication have contributed to improve the quality of life of the community where they live.
That is why we consider it appropriate to inform the Educational Family at AIU about the criteria used by AIU’s Academic Board to grant Honors to a specific student. Declarative non-exhaustive requirements for obtaining a degree from AIU with HONORS:
1. Have a minimum GPA of 3.75
2. Have a special recommendation from his/her Academic Advisor to receive honors.
3. Have published at least one research paper from their curriculum. The publication can be made through several alternatives:
• Publication of a printed book: Submit a copy of the cover page which states his/her name and a brief description of the book published.
• Article published in a specialized magazine/s: Submit a copy of the document where it shows the name of the author’s and co-authors.
• Official Procedures Manual: Submit a copy of the cover page which states his/her name and a brief description of the Manual and the aim pursued.
• Participation in Congress: Demonstrate that the knowledge acquired through his/her program at AIU has been presented at Congress wtih World recognition. Submit memoirs of Congress which verifies his/her participation and a brief description of the application of knowledge mentioned in that Congress.
4. Demonstrate that, through their studies in the AIU program, the student has a positive and significant impact in the community, city or country where he/she lives: Submit a description of how his/her participation has had a positive impact in the community. Describe the practical applications of the various courses you have completed at AIU and its impact. Present examples to support it.
5. Obtaining a Patent: Submit a copy of the certificate showing that the student has registered the patent, as well as, a brief description of the patent and how it relates to the curriculum that the student has completed at AIU.
6. Starting a new institution, company, NGO, Foundation, etc.: Submit the necessary documentation which states that the student is part of the mentioned company or organization. Submit a brief description of how the knowledge acquired during the program has allowed the student to establish the new entity.
Once you submit the documentation described above, the Academic Council shall evaluate and determine the merit of granting the Honors or not to the candidates. If the evaluation is positive, the Academic Board will appoint one of the following three levels of honors:
• Cum Laude
• Summa Cum Laude
• Magna Cum Laude
If approved, these honors will be included in the student’s AIU diploma.
GREAT EDUCATORS HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT LEARNING IS NOT SOMETHING THAT'S LIMITED TO THE CLASSROOMS, OR THAT SHOULD BE FORCIBLY UNDERTAKEN UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF TEACHERS.
"BEING DOES NOT MEAN ACCEPTING WHAT ONE IS; IT MEANS CREATING ANOTHER SELF THAT DOES NOT EXIST."